What Is a Title Pawn?
Nowadays there are many options for short-term loans, although loan approval can take time and involve credit checks, which is difficult for borrowers with poor credit history. A quick and easy way to get a loan is by using a title pawn, which is a loan using your car title as collateral.
Normally these loans have to be repaid in 30 days but an extension can often be negotiated. However, if the loan is not repaid as agreed, the lender can take your car and sell it to recover the loan and costs.
What Are Needed to Pawn My Car Title?
Title pawns have simple requirements but you need to know what they are, so here is a guide to what is needed:
Equity of Your Car
Equity is the current value of your car less any amount owing on it. The more equity, the higher the amount you can borrow. Obviously, it is better if you own the car completely.
Clarity of the Title
This means that you must have a clear title to the car: the title is in your name and you currently own it and use it. Lenders will check this carefully – you cannot borrow against a car title that is not owned in your name.
You will need valid identification such as a driver’s license or a US passport. You should also have proof of residence such as a utility bill in your name.
Where Can I Find Title Pawn Near Me?
To get a title pawn you can take your car to a lender's storefront office or you can find one online. Here is how you do that.
Find Title Pawn Office Near Me
For a quick and easy Pawn Car Title Near Me, there will be lenders near your home or workplace where they can see your car and offer you a loan immediately. To find the nearest one, you can check with a broker such as CocoLoan and they will provide you with all the local Title Loan Near Me information you need. Just remember to take all the documentation with you to avoid delays.
Find Title Pawn Online
You can also easily find Title Pawns online by filling out the simple application form on the CocoLoan website, and they will connect you with lenders who can offer Title Pawns based on the value of your car, provided you give enough information on the age, make and model of the vehicle together with clear photos showing the condition.
Fast and Easy Loans You'll NeedApply Now
Getting Title Loans Online Is Fast & Easy
The easiest way to find a Title Pawn is through an online broker like CocoLoan, following these 3 simple steps
Submit Basic Information
Start by filling out the online submission form with all your personal details including your contact number and address. You will also need to provide the vehicle details such as make, model, age, and mileage. You then have a choice of multiple lenders on the CocoLoan platform.
Receive Fast Decision
When you have chosen a lender, they will contact you with an instant decision. If a title loan is approved they will tell you how much you can borrow based on your car’s value and they will also let you know the interest rate, the repayment terms, and any other conditions attached to the loan.
Get Instant Money
After you have agreed to the conditions of the Title Pawn, you can sign the agreement digitally through the online portal and get the cash directly to your bank account usually within 24 hours.
How Does CocoLoan Compare
|Why Trust CocoLoan?|
|How much can you get?||$50 to $35,000||Zero upfront charges|
|What are the loan terms?||1 - 36 months||Easy repayment|
|Are credit checks needed?||Yes||Mostly soft pulls|
|Are bad credit accepted?||Yes||All credit considered|
|How to apply?||Totally online||Simple and straightforward|
Can I Get a Title Loan Without a Vehicle Present?
It is possible to get online title loans without seeing the car, although the lender will need to have some evidence that the car is in a good condition. You will need to provide clear photos of the car showing the all-around condition, with any damage that may affect the value, and also photos of the interior of the car and the odometer to show the current mileage.
Generally, the condition of the car and its value determine how much the lender will offer as a loan. You can also take a video of the car if you prefer, but it should show the whole car clearly.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Title Pawns?
- Easy to Qualify: Title Pawns have simple eligibility requirements. You just need a car with a clear title in your name, you should have a regular income, and be able to show a valid government-issued I.D. such as a driver’s license. No credit checks are required since the loan is secured.
- Online Application: You don’t have to take your car to your nearest loan office, you can do it all online from the convenience of your home or workplace. There are many lenders around the US who offer online Title Pawn loans and some of them have mobile apps so you can apply on your smartphone.
- Fast Approval: Because the requirements are simple, you can get instant approval, which is great if you have an emergency situation.
- Direct Deposit: You get the cash within 24 hours deposited straight into your bank account, so no check-cashing is needed, and you can use it immediately.
- No Loan Limit: There is no limit on the loan itself, and it is only limited by the worth of the car. You can borrow as little or as much as you need up to the value of the vehicle.
- High APR: Title Pawn loans have higher costs than most other types of loans such as personal loans or installment loans. Title Pawns are just short-term loans, and the quicker they are repaid, the less interest you will pay.
- Possible Loss of Car: Because your car title is secured against the loan, if you fail to repay the loan on time, the lender can take your car and sell it to recover the loan and costs.
- Additional Fees and Interest: If any repayments are late, there will be extra fees and additional interest added to the loan which can make it even more difficult to repay.
- Limited Availability: Title Pawn loans are not available in all states. They are only legal in 30 states, however, if not available in your state you can travel to another state to get a loan or apply online.
Is a Car Title Pawn Right for Me?
When you need instant cash and you own a car, a Title Pawn might be a good option especially if you need money urgently for a short period. Title Pawns have fast approval and quick payout of funds so you solve your cash problem quickly; however, they have a high-interest rate which makes them an expensive way to borrow money.
Title Pawn loans can seem attractive because there is usually no requirement for a credit check, which means the whole application process takes as little as 15 minutes and when the loan is approved you can continue to drive your car.
The downside is that if the loan is not repaid, you will lose your car, so you need to think carefully about the risks and consider possible alternative short-term loans such as payday loans, provided you have a regular income.